Coffee… some like it hot, some like it cold. Usually, the time of year to drink either will matter very little to the consumer, based on their preference. But, believe it or not, in recent years, cold coffee drinks, like iced lattes and cold brew, have risen in popularity. Surprisingly enough, however, many folks are still at a loss, when it comes to making iced coffee at home.
Not only will brewing your iced coffee at home save money over time, but it will also ensure that your coffee is made with the utmost quality. All you have to do is brew your coffee the night before, using high-quality coffee beans. That way, it can come to room temperature by the time morning comes around After that, simply follow the instructions below, and you’ll have the perfect iced coffee to sip on when you need it most.
So, plan ahead and skip the hectic Starbucks line with this high-quality iced coffee recipe that you can make for a quarter of the usual price from home. Check it out!
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup coffee, at room temperature
• 2 tablespoons half and half*, or more, to taste
1. To make the simple syrup, combine sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool completely and stir in vanilla extract; set aside.
2. Serve coffee over ice with half and a half and simple syrup, to taste.
Although we provide the utmost luxury at Barringer Square Apartments in Webster, Texas, we love going the extra mile with our digital resources! Spice up your life with something different, and try out this new routine, recipe, or recommendation today.